The Basement Floor Plan & Our Options Meeting

I didn't have the energy to figure out how to layout the basement. I pretty much mapped out my wants and wishes to Jared and was really happy with what he came up with!

The basement I wanted:

Basement Apt:
2 bedrooms
1 bathroom
open kitchen, dining, living room
storage/laundry

Our part of the basement: (all future build cause seriously, we aren't millionaires!)
2 bedrooms
1 bathroom
storage
zumba room
family room with a place for big sectional and pool table
theatre (under the garage)

The basement is about 2500 sq ft total with 1,000 sq ft in the apartment. It will cost us about $14k to build under the garage and I don't know if that is worth that much money just for a theatre room so it's something Jake and I need to figure out.



I can't wait until the whole house is finished! How many years will that be?

Now we are just waiting for our initial bid to come in from the builder. He will itemize everything for us so we will know exactly what upgrades we can afford.  I can't help but be nervous for our budget.

We had our options meeting last week. It was 2 1/2 hours long going through all the different things we wanted for everything from concrete color to tiles in the bathroom. I thought I was super prepared but I ended up answering with a lot of "I don't know"s and have a little bit of homework to do. The great and hard part of custom building is the sky is the limit. I think Scott said about ten times... We can do ANYTHING you want!! Ahhhhh. I don't know whether to hug him or huddle in a corner. I guess this is where people hire an interior designer to help make the process easier. I am really glad at the moment things are moving slowly because I haven't looked through every pinterest pin in the universe. My other problem is I want DIY everything. I know that just isn't a possibility but its hard to step away from it. I do plan to do a bunch of DIY  projects but our lives just won't  allow that kind of time. Ya know...the time when you aren't working owith your kids or sleeping or cleaning. Is there other time beyond that? Sure doesn't feel like it!
So, the option meeting left me a little frazzled. It was a lot of "this costs this" and "this costs this" and "you can't afford this" etc... Like I said. I'm a little nervous to see the bid. It's supposed to be coming today!!!

We are still about two months from breaking ground/settlement. Scott said we are about 5 months once we break ground until it's complete! February seems sooo far away!!!!

Ok! I think I got my grump-o baby down for a nap. Now the debate between cleaning, packing, homework, finishing the table I'm redoing, or napping..... Well that was easy. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz....


Comments

Popular Posts