The Countertops Have Arrived

     Sometimes Monday's are the worst.... but not when you are getting new countertops!!!!! Today was a really great day. My amazing mother in law took my kids for me.... again..... because I was swamped with appointments with contractors.          First up I met the carpet guy putting in our carpets in the basement. We decided to have the carpet installed before the baseboards because we read that both ways were an option and also because I want the apartment to look as complete as possible by the end of the week so we can list it ASAP.     While he worked I painted the master bath tub surrounds. Then off I went to go and meet with the hardware guy. It was fun picking out the door knobs for the house and the front door. We were planning on doing just a basic shower but not Jake is pushing for the Euro Glass. It's the seamless glass. It's tempting. It's just dang expensive. 
        After I ran home to get the faucet that had just be delivered. Thanks Amazon for allowing people to slack off and still get two day shipping! By the time I got back the carpeting guy was wrapping up and the countertops had arrived!! It was crazy watching the guys load the countertops off the truck. They did such a great job. It was so dang hot. I ran and got everyone ice waters. I hung around  to watch them install the faucet holes, and the kitchen sink and the back splashes. It's so cool to see people being awesome at what they do! 
       We decided to go with Quartz. I love so many of its characteristics. I hope we get lots and lots of use out of it. I picked a non marble for the kitchen. I love love the marble look but I hear that maybe marble will go out of style eventually and wanted to do something pretty neutral. The countertops I got have movement and depth and look so great with the floors.  
For the bathroom I went for the marble. With the marble look in the shower I felt I could do a subtle marble countertop. It looks great! I can't wait to see the hardware installed. 
Another thing complete! Hopefully our electrician will show up one of these days. He was supposed to come June 19th. It's July 3rd. (angry face). He said "tomorrow" ...again... but "tomorrow" is 4th of July. So...  yeah...... 
  









Comments

Popular Posts