Browsing for Colors couches and Inspiration

We headed to the wonderful blue land of IKEA on Saturday! We have loved this place from day 1 of our marriage. Cheap hotdogs, cinnamon rolls, great prices and innovative ideas. We have used IKEA for so much of our furniture and such through the years. Now that we have kids we love it even more. They watch our kids for us while we shop and even give them ice cream coupons! Because we have a family card for IKEA we can drop the kids off for 90 min instead of 60. Piper can't go in quite yet but we just carried her around with us! We even snuck over the the massive RC willey just to take a look. 

I have always wanted a big comfy sectional but have been leaning more towards separate pieces lately. I took an interior design workshop at my teacher conference and realized that company might be uncomfortable sitting so close on a sectional (even though we
Pretty much sit on top of even other when family gets together). I like the idea of a chunky couch and a slimmer love seat and a few nice chairs. 

  Our builder told us he includes wood floors in his price which sounds pretty cool. I liked the lamanite options better at  RC willey be uses there just was a lot more selection but I did find this wood floor sample I liked. I want large planks, handscrapped and not dark. I'd like it to look nice with greige walls. 


We sat in this couch and it was super comfy and deep! I liked the pattern and the neutral color. I'm not a fan of the accent pillows though. Here's the link. http://www.rcwilley.com/Furniture/Living-Room/Sofas/Fabric/4475097/Renegade-Oatmeal-Upholstered-Casual-Sofa-View.jsp


I'm excited to see what other couches are out there too. Geez. Selecting a couch is harder than picking my first child's name! 

Speaking of children! Here are my cute little faces eating their ice cream after our IKEA fun! 

Comments

Popular Posts