Floor Plan 2.0

I was so nervous going to see Jared after revising my floor plan drawing. I had fallen in love with the plan I drew and was worried he just wouldn't make it happen. I was already planning entry benches and wallpaper and just had this vision for my floor plan. I saw our family there. 

I was giddy when I sat down and there was my floor plan pretty exact to what I had planned! 

Things I love about this plan:
-The bedrooms are grouped together. My kids are still little and I want to be close to them. Lots of master bedrooms are clear on the opposite side of the house. 

- I love that there is still a bathroom separating us from the kids rooms ... Ya know... In case jake and I are having a loud ... Argument! 😊

- I love love that the laundry room is actually near the bedrooms and even better our master closet can go right into the laundry room. I'm seeing colorful cabinets and funky wallpaper in there and a diy barn door entrance. 

- I love the front entrance! I love that the stairs will be a focal point when you walk in with a pretty railing and lighting fixture. 

- I love the great room that flows into the kitchen with the dining off to the side! 

- I love the big broom closet off the kitchen

- I love the mud room cubbies and that there will be a place for each kids to put their things. Now if we can just get them to put it there! 

- I love that the half bath is far enough away that we won't smell poop smell in the kitchen! 

- I love the small shop in the back of the garaged or jake to put tools and do projects.  We opted to get the 8k credit to not do the 3rd car garage and we are just doing an extended parking pad. 

- I love the homework space/computer space I put in that is in proximity to the center of the house. I know as they get older they will need a quieter space but for now I want them close! 

- I love my hidden door into  the pantry (one of the kitchen cabinets will actually be a door into the pantry). The pantry is nice and big and has a grocery drop door  into the garage too! I mean who really wants to cart groceries all the way inside! 

- I love the idea of adding a door to the right of the dining room that goes out to a green house! Jake is really rooting for this! 



It's by no means a huge house but with a finished basement and building under the  garage we will have lots of room to grow! Hopefully two more bedrooms, family room, bathroom, place for a pool table, storage room, Zumba/dance room, and a home theatre plus the basement apartment we will be renting out. 

We haven't seen the basement plan yet. Tomorrow I get to meet with the other contractor in the business to budget finished and such!! I'm so excited!!! 

I was telling my mom today that I don't think anyone is having as much fun building a house as I am! 






Comments

Popular Posts