The Tile

I don't know why but I have been obsessing over this one tile! I saw it on pinterest last year and have been wanting it ever since. The tile has been sold out everywhere!! I have been looking constantly and finally I found it on Overstock.......for $100 for 5 sq ft. Ouch. I seriously felt perplexed at the thought of spending $500 for 1 bathroom. I then looked into encaustic tile, which is a fancy name for cement tile, and found out why this tile is so cool. Each tile is hand made. The design isn't just painted on top, but the design is poured into a mould with the different cement colors. It really is a fascinating process.

I decided to walk away from the idea. And then....I said "screw it!" I want those tiles. I bought 4 sets and used a coupon. I will have to go pretty low budget on the rest of the house. I will also have to do some good research on installing these because it isn't really the same as other tiles.

I seriously hope I don't screw this up!

For now...I am super happy with the pretty tile stacked up in the living room.



Comments

Popular Posts