Too Slide or Not To Slide

Jake really really wants a slide in the house. I would love a slide in the house but I also would love storage in my house. I want so much storage in my house that the toys we haven't even bought yet have a place! By doing the slide, it taking away some of my storage...which makes me sad. A slide is also an extra $2500. Will the kids still use the slide in 5 years? Will gross things get stuck in the slide? Could we spend that money somewhere else that would be better? 

Pretty much everyone we have talked to says "get the slide".

Notice where the slide is on the floor plan. That area is the "homework nook" for the kids. We are putting a long desk for the computer and the kids to do their homework. It was about 10ft and now it is about 6 ft. The slide would take up some of the space, take away the wall where I was gonna put storage and takes over the hall closet. Hall closet we just moved to the other side though so it's not a big issue. 

Something to think about. What are your thoughts?

Comments

Popular Posts