Elevations and Picking a Color

    Picking a house color has kind of been mind boggling for me! I was actually pretty set to do a light grey house.... until I saw the other houses being built in the neighborhood are ALL grey! I don't want to become the 50 shades of grey neighborhood!! So, now I want to be the neighbor that adds a pop of color, but what that pop will be?  I'm undecided.
       Today at Parent Teacher Conferences, as I was working really really hard doing "research" for my interior design class (aka browsing pinterest), I came across this picture. What a pretty home entrance! This of course is the work of the fabulous Joanna Gaines on Fixer Upper. You have to see the whole house transformation here! It's pretty impressive! 
Well no where on the dang post is there any mention of what this color is! But, in the comments, someone did a color match and found the Sherwin Williams color Refuge! I think it's pretty close, but maybe not close enough!

This other color I'm posting is another SW color called Whirlpool. I like them both! I am feeling bummed that our doorway isn't big enough to copy this exact doorway, but it has def opened up my mind to a natural wood door!

This is the elevations to our house. This picture is a little older and have since changed the direction of the siding on the porch to be horizontal and the grids on all the window. 

        What do you guys think of the color??? Has anyone ever used this color? Anyone have a color that matches even better??

Comments

Popular Posts