I Heart Graph Paper: Kitchen & Laundry Designs

Have I mentioned that Jake got me a notebook full of graph paper for my birthday. It was pretty perfect. Well it's late and I'm up. It's one of my favorite things about being a teacher and having late summer nights to collect my thoughts and have some quiet times.  I just binged watched 3 episodes of "Jane the Virgin" because season 3 just hit netflix and it's one of my all time favs. It took me all three episodes to figure out how we are going to design the upstairs laundry room and basement apartment kitchen.
   You see. Last summer I stood in line for 5 hours on a hot June day at the Salt Lake restore to try to score some of their brand new cabinet sale they had donated. They were selling brand new cabinets in any size for $30 (box and face). I got enough cabinets to do our laundry room and the entire basement kitchen for $395. Totally worth the 5 hours. The problem is by the time I got to the front of the line my perfect kitchen plan couldn't happen because some of the cabinets were sold out. So I tried to get crafty really fast and this was a year ago so I completely forgot what my craft plan was, so tonight I tried to sit and figure it out.
     Three hours later, I think I've got something now. I love symmetrical design so it was hard for me to let go of that do something asymmetrical but I only got what I got and I have to make it work!
      Tomorrow I am going to go sort through all the boxes and get everything grouped in the right place so I can start prepping for painting. I tried so hard to like the brown red color, but I.Just.Can't!!!! So.... I'm painting them all. I know. Stupid. So much work. So much time. But, I just can't force someone to live with brown red. They don't match the flooring, the wall color. It just has to happen.
       I think the laundry room cabinets I will paint a fun color, because Why Not!
      I just love drawing these kinds of plans on graph paper. Is that a really uncool thing to admit. I usually use a scale of each box being 3". The height is off for real cabinets but the widths are right. I hope my interior design student graph for next year are just as jazzed up about graph paper as I am!! haha.
 ok. Now I'm tired!!!

Comments

Popular Posts