Painting Escapades

         Well...... my first week of summer is over. Jake fell asleep rocking Piper to sleep and I'm ready to put in a good hour of honing down lights that I still need to buy while watching Fixer Upper! Who doesn't love Chip and Joanna? It's blasphemy I tell ya if you don't! Guys. I got my first sunburn of the season. I took my kids to the pool today and no lie walked around the lazy river with Piper for a solid hours. That counts as exercise right? She loved it and loved having her snuggled up in my arms. Going to the pool is great. Going to the pool with a toddler that just wants to see how deep she can go at all times is not so great. But, as I walking around that lazy river, I  was dreaming of a time that my kids were all great swimmers and I could sit in a lounge chair with a pina colada and watch from a distance, and then  I could feel the wise older  in my life telling me, in my head, to cherish these moments when they are little and soo.... I did. I loved seeing these sweetie pies happy to have me in the pool with them going around the lazy river for the 1,894 time.
       I had quite the week with the apartment. The main house is moving right along. Painters came in this week and are wrapping up painting today. Siding went up on the front of the house and stucco guys were there today. They have all been great guys working so hard. Zoey, Logan and I have been bringing them all big Coco Cola's each day as a thank you.



   

BEFORE PRIMER & PAINT 


My first wall painted!
This week I took on...the painting! I was soooo nervous about figuring out the airless paint sprayer. You know what. It wasn't too bad. The paint sprayer took some figuring out,  but it was so worth it. I could spray an entire room including the ceiling in less than 20 min.  It took me 1 day to learn how to use the sprayer plus prime everything. (I ended using needing two 5 gallon buckets of primter  for our 1,000 sq ft apt) It took me 1 day to do most of the Agreeable Gray, but with a few jams and kids to pick up at camp, I didn't get completely finished. I prob only need a 1 gallon bucket to finish the entire thing.
Note To Self.... Gear Up Better Next Time
       Using the sprayer was super messy and I had to keep figuring out how to get it working, but with some patience I was able to get it back up and running again. It would work great for about 2 hours and then would start getting dramatic as the paint was running out (probably because there was more gucky stuff to clog it up) It was the sprayer gun tip most of the time. Not having a pressure sprayer and hot water to clear it back up made it hard to keep the project going. I'd have to stop, clean out the machine (a process) and then take the tip home to get it ready for next time. I pretty much was SOO unprepared the first day with what I was wearing. I was getting paint everywhere. I found a plastic bag and wrapped it around my head but my arms, legs, face, nose hairs.... covered in paint. It would have been nice to have known how bad it was before I went chatting with the upstairs workers....... I had a palm to forehead moment when I got in car and saw what  looked like!   I will be posting more about what I learned about using a sprayer soon and the steps to getting it set up to use.
     

Comments

Popular Posts