The Floor Plan That Stacey Drew

     I was playing the magic plan app last night and tried to draw up our floor plan. It was fun and the whole straightening up the house and doing some dishes after the kids went to bed didn't happen. Opps.


     I drew the floor plan first on good old graph paper. I think the builder might be less confused this way except for the fact that I wasn't able to add the cabinets or even the doors or windows but for the most part you get the gist. It's simple and I really love it and it's openness. I know Jared will make a much nicer plan so I'm not worried about it being perfect.



    We decided we want to stay at 2000 sq ft rambler, 3-4 bedrooms, build under the garage, do a 2 bedroom 850 sq foot basement apartment. We are only going to do a 2 car garage with an extended cement pad for the renter. We also are hoping to find a way to do about 10k in sweat equity along with doing most of the basement on our own with the help of the builder on some things. Our goal is to stay at about $400,000 initially with a cap of $420,000. If we can put a ton of equity into it during the build we would be able to really reduce that PMI (dumb) payment. Because of the way a two close construction loan works, you pay the down payment before you build during the construction period and then you basically refinance once it's built to a permanent mortgage.

We put in our offer on the lot last Friday and it was accepted with a settlement date for Aug 26th! Oh my gosh I wish August 26th was both tomorrow and a million days away because I want to build this house now but I need time to get this money saved up!

Tomorrow we meet with Jared again. I can't wait to hear what's next in this process! I told my mom last night. I feel like I'm in a new relationship where I am excited and can't stop thinking about it and at the same time so unsure and nervous. I really hope this happens!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts