He Is The Right Guy!

I've been putting off getting the investor the offer for our lot all week. I'm not sure why. I guess I was nervous to get a response or a counter that would make or break the deal. I went to bring it to him after school on Thursday but because he was running his kids to and from dance I ended up not getting it to him. There was a crazy awesome thunderstorm and the kids were so excited about it and I certainly didn't want to leave in the middle of it. After bedtime I got myself to the gym where I got a text from Andy the investor saying that the lot was actually 5k more because he had put a fence up on that lot and that our builder already knew it and should have told me from the beginning. My heart sank. 5 k more? That's like landscaping or a finished room in the basement, or nice flooring in the great room.
      I was even sadder as the texts continued and I realized that Andy wasn't going to budge on price because apparently a multi millionaire investor has to "pay for dance classes for his daughter". No lie. That is what he said to me. He told me.... a teacher making a fraction of what he makes that he needs to money more than me. It just kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
     I was feeling so disappointed and have been using my feelings on how things are coming together to determine the "rightness" of this whole building idea. My feelings were sad and so I was having doubts.
     And then........ Jared, the builder texted me. He said.... "I was supposed to give you the updated price sheet but I didn't and since this is my fault I will pay the extra 5k from my contractor fees"!!!!!!!!!
    I had tears streaming down my face and my heart just leaped! This man who doesn't really know me and doesn't really have to make adjustments for me completely was able to re-confirm why I want to build with Artisan Construction. He didn't have to do that but he did do that. I was so so pleased by his willingness to make it right. What an awesome way to do business. My doubts instantly were gone  and I really am excited to keep moving in this process.

Comments

Popular Posts