I Can't Stop Painting

I am so impatient. I know I probably won't move into our house until next January or even later and that is soooo far away! So to keep myself busy and on budget I am attacking everything in my house with paint! Watch out kids! I don't want to have to go and buy all new furniture so I'm upcycling my own stuff!

I am starting to have quite the collection on chalk paints and finishes as I stop into a craft store at least 2-3 times a week with my 40% off coupon in hand! I haven't gotten too adventurous with  the layering and the distressing and the crackle paint etc... I am loving the transformation of these pieces. It's relaxing and it chanels my creative need and I get to sit a watch "fixer upper" and pretend I am Joanna Gaines on a very very small scale. 

The other thing I've been doing is taking up yard sale hunting! I found two matching night stands and a coordinating dresser for $40 on Saturday and also found the most amazing antique farmhouse sink for $40 that is actually worth $1500!! At this moment I'm on my way to get a $25 project dresser for me and jakes master bedroom! 

THE BEFORE
THE AFTER - Yes those are octopus pulls!
One more week of school and then I will become my own little diy queen for the summer! 

This was a little plain wood shelf with drawers and now it's adorable and pink!
My YARD SALE SCORE! What color should I paint these? 
Piper is very excited about the sink! 
Hot Pink Dresser getting a new outfit!
I love it! Now to put on hardware! 


Comments

Popular Posts