I Think It's Time

I'm sitting on the floor in my kitchen with by back against the oven and this is my view.
You see where that dishwasher ends?! That's the extent of the kitchen here! You can't be cooking dinner and have someone wanting to throw something in the trash under the sink. There just is no room. It causes tension and lots of eye rolls (mostly from me). Our food is stuffed in shoe cabinets we added in the hallway. It's bad guys. 

I've never minded a small space! I like cozy. But in the past nine years cozy has become... Crowded. We added three kids to our party and my sister and her daughter along the way. My kids can't have their friends step in the door with me getting completely claustrophobic, finding some reason why they should go play outside. 'Guys! It's just hailing a little bit!' 'Hey! Here's 200 otter pops! Go eat them outside!' 'I think that guy in that van said something about candy' (kidding!!! )

About 3 months ago I just got a prompting that maybe it was time to get a new place. After a month of house hunting and being overwhelmed with house prices and underwhelmed with square footage we are planning to make the very popular (everyone is doing it) option of building! 

Now building sounds nice right? But you don't know what this means to me. I have been buying house plan books (before the world wide web really became a big thing. You teenagers don't even know what we suffered!!) I would sit and look through every floor plan and fold down the corners of all my favorites. I went to three parade of homes this year. I teach interior design to middle schoolers. I am bursting through with skin with excitement at the thought of building! I even got out my graph papers and have been drawing my little ameatur plans! I've already pinned only a million things on pinterest. I've already decided the builder just might hate me when all of this is said and done because I want to know everything! 

Our first meeting with the builder is on Tuesday. I've started a binder. With dividers. I am going to that level. 

Time to clean my tiny kitchen, oh and to do a 10 page grad work assignment due tomorrow only worth 40 point! If I'm gonna write 10 pages I want it to be worth 1000 points! Dumb.  




Comments

Popular Posts