Design Date With Karen

   I love Jake's Aunt Karen! We love our little dates here and there when we have the time to get together. We've become great friends and I just love her. Everyone who knows Karen loves her. She's got a degree in interior design and so we could talk colors and furniture all day!
    Over my spring break we headed to Ikea so I could look at the quartz countertops for the kitchen and also look at ideas for the basement apartment.  We had our paint swatches, cabinet colors and just took over the place trying different things.
      One thing that has been hard for me is that I don't love the color of the basement apartment cabinets. The alder cabinets is just not my thing, so I need to find ways to neutralize and modernize them. It's kind of a good design challenge for me. After not finding many options we liked at IKEA we thought to stop by and look at the laminate countertops at Home Depot.  I don't think we even made it back to the countertops. We got completely swept up in carpeting, tiles and flooring! lol. We were on a roll and so excited with our finds!! It was a bummer my time was up and I needed to rush home to get Zoey from school.
       Until next time Aunt Karen...... :o)










Comments

Popular Posts