Framing, Sandwiches and Spilled Paint

     We ended up spending the whole evening at the house on Monday. Jess and I got everyone sandwiches and just kind of messed around. Jake and Lloyd worked on the basement to finish the framing. I had bought a bunch of paint samples to try around the house.  
         Zoey wanted to help me paint the samples. At first I said, "sure" and then Logan wanted to help and then Piper wanted to help. Soo.... I decided that it was prob not the best  idea. It went something like this....  
"Guys I would love to have you help me paint, but once again, this is a brand new porch and the last thing I want is to see the paint get .........." And that's the moment Zoey spilled the paint all over the porch. AHHHHHH!!! Yeah I was slightly hysterical. So here I am wiping up spilled paint with baby wipes and the water we had from jimmie john's, making a big painty watery mess.  Thankfully I was able to get most of the damage fixed.  Oh...kids and  paint. Never. Ever. Will. They. Mix.

      On a brighter note... We saw the prettiest rainbow from the house too. It was a huge half arch. The mountains in the background and the hazy skies.... just beautiful. I will not get tired of looking at those mountains everyday. They are just stunning!! 

Lastly we drive up to the kids elementary school. It's a great distance from the house...walkable and tucked away. I hope it's a place they will really love to be next year! Soon we are gonna walk there and back to see how long it takes.  

It was a great "family night" to be at the house memories already, even if they are of me freaking out about paint! Love this place! (oh and see the windows are in!!!!!)
 




Comments

Popular Posts