And.....Still Deciding on Doors

Scratch that! Back to door decisions.

When I went to look at the framing progress on Tuesday, I was talking with Chad and he pointed out the door was framed to be an oversized 42"x96" door. That thing looks massive!!! I had just ordered the normal size door with the side lites, so now I was back to the drawing boards to figure out what to do.

I found out today that the oversized door would be $500 over our front door budget. I don't really get why they put that door in the plan and didn't plan for the cost of it in the bid. Jake and I have been so torn on it because we actually like the oversize door. After hearing it would cost an extra $500 we decided to pay the change order of about $150 to reframe the door to fit the craftsman door with the two side lites!

We have a second front entrance that I changed to reflect the look of what we wanted for our oversize door. I am excited to now kind of get both styles!

I think we have actually settled the front door debate now!!

The house is coming along  sooooooooo fast. It's been 4 days since they started framing and every room is framed. It's insane! I love those workers! In fact I went and bought the a box of coco-cola and gatorade because they said that's what they life. I just appreciate them so  much for doing such a great job.

It's fun to see something you drew on a piece of graph paper become a life size replica in front of your face.  Every window seems HUGE!! I am now catching some of my design mistakes, like the window in the half bathroom that pretty much anyone can look in if they are on the porch! (rain glass to the rescue). There is also a really big window in the shower. Kind of odd. I didn't even realize it would be that big. We are def gonna be putting in rain glass there!

I haven't been sleeping all the great because I am just so excited and so happy. I am so grateful that God is allowing this to happen in my life. It's really like a dream. I am loving every minute of it!

Tomorrow I get to show my mom! She's here from Utah! I'm so glad I actually have something to show her!!

Here's some progress pictures from yesterday. I didn't take any today, but the rest of it was framed today including the stairs!! :

There's gonna be some greats sun sets from our bedroom!! If you look past all the not so  hot views surrounding the house...there are beautiful mountains!!!



No idea what's she's playing with but it kept her busy!

Comments

Popular Posts