First Meeting To Pick Doors

Craftsman
  Yesterday I had our first meeting with a vendor to pick the exterior doors! I went to Columbia Millworks in Vinyard to meet with Joel. He started me off looking at my interior doors so we could find something that coordinated for the exterior doors. I told Joel right off the bat that I liked the  craftmans interior door. When I sent Jake the 3 pictures of doors that I like, guess which one he said "definitely not" to?? Yup, the craftman one. Back to the drawing boards!

Me  and Joel looked through the "door book" to figure out what to do about the front door and the side front door. I was thrilled when he said I should be able to get both the craftsman door and side lites to fit  into my budget!!! It wouldn't be a stain grade but a paint grade which I am totally fine with. I love a great  painted front door!

Joel was kind of a funny character. I would point out a door and he would be like " no! you don't want that" or "that is so 80's" . haha!! I am glad when all was said and done Joel was  pleased with my choices!! lol.

Shaker
We are going to go with a door just like this one but as I just mentioned it won't be stained like this. We will have to find a great color to paint it!
















5 Panel Shaker











Jake and I also decided on the Shaker interior door. I love how simple it is. I think it will look great throughout the house!


YAY! Another decision made!! I am always so proud of myself when I make decisions!



And check out the progress on the house in just one day!!! I showed Jake this picture and  he immediately caught another mistake. Our grocery drop 2'x2'  door from our garage to our pantry looks like  it was built as a regular size door. Opps. Thank goodness I have him! I'm just so happy to see walls and am oblivious!

Also, Chad  is having the apartment lumber ordered and delivered on Wednesday! It also came out right on budget! (And when I mean on budget, I mean the list of prices I just guessed for all the costs associated with building the basement apartment. Because, clearly I am not a professional, so I kind of put what  I wanted to spend on each part  of the basement. ha. We will see how that goes!!) This means Jake can start framing the basement apartment. Being insanely busy is upon us!!  Can't wait!!

Oh and the IKEA kitchen sale just started!! I think the builders were a little bewildered that I wanted an IKEA kitchen but have you seen how amazingly smart and efficient IKEA kitchens are without costing a fortune?? It's gonna be great.




Comments

Popular Posts