Granites, Quartz, Marble Oh My!


This is not my actual kitchen.........yet..... lol

    A few months ago I ran into an ad for  HITMAN SALES in Salt Lake, a warehouse with tons of overstock or discontinued items. The prices rock! I got our bath tub and toilet there for the basement apartment. The guys are awesome! I got to talking to Deni, a handyman, who does a lot of kitchen installations. He asked if he could bid my kitchen after I showed some dread as I spoke of all the cabinets we weould have to put together ourselves by getting an IKEA kitchen. Having someone do the kitchen was pretty appealing so I sent him what I was looking for with the kitchen. The cabinets are wood cabinets, soft close, and all drawers just like I was hoping. Since we don't have any upper cabinets in the kitchen, I had hope that the bid would be in our budget! I didn't want to spend more than $3000 on cabinets. The bid came back at $3200. Ikea's cabinets would have come in at about $1800. But....... time is money (right?!) and I might have hired IKEA to assemble and install them anyway. I love the work that I've seen so far. I just need to call a few references and then they're hired!!

      Deni and I planned to meet on a Saturday to look at granite, and quartz and marble at Bedrosians Tile and Stone. Zoey and Charly came as my entertainment and helpers! We started the morning in City Creek to return a few pendant lights to West Elm. They were such a huge help with the boxes. It was a beautiful morning and we were the only ones in City Creek! Loved it! 
             Then we met with Deni at the gallery and the girls ran around as I looked through every slab.... twice!  I found lots of safe ones, and lots of ones that would be great.....and then I found this! It kind of took my breath away. It's the most beautiful grey with some subtle pinks. I just fell in love. I wasn't sure how Jake would feel of the idea of pinks in his kitchen counter but he also loved it. It's like a masterpiece. It's not the $45 sq ft that we were looking to pay. This one is $60 sq ft, but it still is pretty close to our budget of $2800 so we might be able to make it work. Below are pictures of other options. 

this one! 


love how modern this one looks. 
Another good one. Not my fav





Here is another collage I made showing some of the choices we are thinking for the kitchen. The floors are called Midst French Oak and are actually in our budget! Finally!! The wall color I am still trying to figure out but this one PALE OAK, but I also love CLASSIC GRAY. Really can't wait to see this come to life.













Comments

Popular Posts