My DIY Bench (Kinda)

Ok. I guess I can't call this a DIY bench. It was more like a WMDI Bench (Watch Mel Do It). In my defense I said I wanted to be a part of making the bench but ...... he just took over. I was great company though!  So, this is Mel. He's my buddy. He teaches the shop classes at my middle school. He's always up for helping me with my projects. I found this adorable bench on pinterest. The blog I grabbed it from is called The Idea Room.  The plans were SO WELL layed out.  I could actually understand what she was saying!!! We adjusted the size just a touch to make the bench a little bit longer. I think we could fit 3-4 people on this bench.
The supplies actually ended up costing me $20. Not bad for such a great bench!! Mel and I stayed after a few times after school to cut and piece it together! He went the extra mile gluing it together and making sure it was perfect! Doesn't it look amazing!!! If I could, I would skip work tomorrow just to stain and paint this so I could see the final product. I think I will put this in the dining room.... but now I want one for the porch and the mudroom!! I will be posting more pictures once I get this pretty girl finished up!! 




Comments

Popular Posts