The New Oven!

     We got an oven!!!! Yay! We really wanted to do a duel fuel double oven .... but the price tag for that was about $2500! The house budget is getting to that point. Ya know.... that point where you pretty much can't even afford door knobs? Ya. That point.  So, when I was doing my daily browsing through Facebook marketplace, I came across a Brand New LG Gas Double Oven with Full Warranty for $950...I was intrigued. (These are selling for about $1800)  I looked up the model. This baby has a Pro Bake Convection feature that is supposed to make baking with gas pretty awesome. The Easy Clean feature allows you to clean the oven in 10 min. Sweet. It's blue inside. Pretty Cool. It has 5 burners and the guy selling it said he didn't have a center griddle for it and then lo and behold, he took one off another oven he was selling and threw it in for free!!! It's not a dual fuel but it's pretty dang nice oven and I am hoping we love it!!!
       As I was looking at all the cool buttons on it yesterday I noticed a few more cool things! It has a pizza button. Can't go wrong with a pizza button! lol. It also has a warm/proofing button. I also saw a little icon that said SmartThinQ. I looked it up and it's kind of like a "smart" oven. We can use an app to control the oven. Seems a little over the top, but I'm pretty forgetful and it might save my butt a few times when I forget to turn the oven off or want to start dinner during church so it's ready by the time we get home! I'll let you know how I'm liking it once we've used it a bit.   Here's a link to the model we got. It's LDG4315ST.  
     How it works with our builder is now we will submit the receipt to them and when they do the next draw from the bank, they will put it on the drawer and then the bank with write us a check for the oven, and the cost of the oven will go towards our "appliance budget" on the loan. We just got the check for the tub in the mail last week. I like being able to purchase the items myself and getting the sky miles, and having the control to make sure I know what items I am getting and such. It's the control freak in me I guess. 

     Overall I feel like it's just what we were looking for. It's certainly pretty looking and has some great features and it meets a lot of the "wants" we had for our oven/stove top. Happy Cooking Days ahead! Whose coming over for dinner?!


     

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts